The program is thorough and spread over the course of 10 weeks in order to promote gradual and lasting change in health, habits, and behavior of the individual. This promotes sustainability and effectiveness of our treatment. Here’s all that is included:
- Stage 1: Ten preparatory cleansing treatments
- Stage 2: Physician evaluation for individualized regimen
- Stage 3: Physician supervised fasting and purging
- Stage 4: Four more preparatory cleansing treatments
- Stage 5: Four colon cleansing treatments – Ayurvedic Basti
- Stage 6: Maintenance phase
Additional services available:
- Ayurvedic Basti is part of the cleansing program Panchakarma. There are two major aspects of the treatment: Cleansing and Restoration. The cleansing of the colon is done with a moderate stream of water that loosens the morbid matter trapped in the colon – helping to release it. The restoration of is done through implantation of supportive herbs and probiotic culture directly into the rectum.
- Shirodhara – A deeply soothing and rejuvenating treatment for the mind and nervous system. Therapeutic administration of a warm gentle stream of fluid over the head while lying in comfortable position.
- Therapeutic massage – Ayurvedic massage performed by two therapists who apply synchronized strokes to create a balancing effect on the nervous system, blood and lymph circulation, as well as energy flow.
- 1 on 1 Coaching, Guidance, Mentoring:
- Ayurvedic Yogic Therapy – For therapeutic yoga postures, stretches, breathing methods, and meditation. Your program designed for your comfort level and skill.
- Health Advocate – Support on how to integrate physicians comprehensive recommendations regarding diet and lifestyle in a practical way into your daily life.
The Panchakarma program is designed to reverse the degenerative process in the body that is brought on by stress, environmental pollutants, poor lifestyle choices etc. that increase the toxic load and contribute to poor health.
There are 3 phases to the program outlined below:
Poovakarama – Preparation phase –
During your consultation with your doctor, they will outline the details of your preparation for the main treatment of your Panchakarma . This preparation usually lasts one week and is completed prior to beginning the bodywork.
Panchakarma – Main treatment –
Consists of adhering to the specific diet outlined by your doctor, which includes consuming increasing amounts of either Ghee or Oil. The consumption of the ghee or oil is key to the detoxification process as the oil saturates, then lifts the toxins (called Ama) out of the body tissues. Many of these toxins attach themselves to the fatty tissues of the body. With the larger amounts of ghee or oil, the body’s metabolism for fat burning is increased which also supports the removal of toxins. After several weeks on the diet protocol, you will complete a mild fast and special liver purge that will leave you feeling light and purified. You will also receive details about taking cleansing herbal supplements, and receiving the following Ayurvedic Bodywork from our Panchakarma Technicians. Weekly, you will receive two deep cleansing Full Body Abhyanga bodywork, with customized warm herbal oil designed for your particular health challenges. During each of these treatments you will also receive the following:
- Pinda Sweda Warm Herbal Bolus Percussive treatments (total of 14 of these sessions).
- Nasya (special sinus treatment)
- A full facial herbal pack
- Sweat therapy in our Far Infrared Sauna.
The combination of the warm herbal oil and the long strokes of the bodywork improves circulation and absorption of the oil and the healing herbs in the oil. This body treatment coupled with sitting in our sauna support in the saturation and elimination of the toxins (Ama) from the body.
Six Shirodhara treatments during which warm herbal infused oil is poured over the forehead and head for approximately 45 minutes. This treatment is deeply relaxing and soothing to the central nervous system, as well as for the mental and emotional aspects of the individual.
Four Herbal Cleansing and Rejuvenating Colonics – These four colonics take the place of the traditional Basti or Ayurvedic Enemas. They are specifically designed to cleanse the colon and deliver specific herbs directly into the bloodstream via the mucosa of the colon. These colonics balance the Vata dosha qualities in the body namely the Air and Space elements.
You will have two periodic consults with your doctor during the main phase of your treatments during which time you will be examined to see how the process is coming along for you. At these times, your doctor may make subtle changes to your protocol if determined necessary.
Antarkarma – Post treatment –
Two weeks after your last Colonic, you will have a follow up appointment with your doctor. At this visit you will receive rejuvenation guidance on diet and supportive herbal supplements to continue to foster your best health.